Thursday, January 1, 2009

Goodbye 2008 and hello 2009!

1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
A lot. Justin and I both graduated from college and began working full-time jobs. We also had a beautiful wedding outside in Oklahoma City. And we put an offer on a house, which we will hopefully close on and move into before the end of January.

2. Did you keep your New Years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't think Justin and I actually made legitimate New Years' resolutions. We might make some for 2009, but I'm not sure.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I know several people who gave birth. Justin's cousin, Celeste, had a baby girl, and one of my best friends, Jackie, also gave birth to a baby girl. A girl I work with also gave birth to a baby girl. There were lots of baby girls!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Nope!

5. What countries did you visit?
We didn't visit any countries in 2008, but we will be heading to Costa Rica in February 2009.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
I think we would both like to have less debt, our very own house, and a little extra spending money.

7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
September 13th. That was the day Justin and I said "I do."

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I think the biggest achievement was that we got married and that we are truly starting our life together.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Biggest failure? I'm not sure.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had surgery the weekend before Justin and I got married, so I think that was pretty significant.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Hmm... we made quite a few, large purchases. A flat screen TV was probably one of the best.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Several people. :)

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Well, I don't think I am going to name any names here.

14. Where did most of your money go?
I think we spent the most money on bills and eating out at restaurants. We know we should eat at home and cook, but we both much prefer to to be out of our dumpy apartment.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I would have to say getting married and trying to purchase a house!

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Hmm... that is very difficult.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier, I would have to say, for both of us.
ii. thinner or fatter? Well, Justin is a bit fatter, and I think I might be close to the same as last year.
iii. richer or poorer? Right now, we are richer, but as soon as we finish all this house stuff, we will be poorer.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
I wish would have written more. There is so much I want to say, but as soon as I sit down to write, I feel like I can't write anything. I also wish I would've used the gym membership we both have a lot more. Hopefully in 2009!

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Probably, wasting time.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
We spent Christmas together with my in-laws.

21. How will you spend New Year's Eve?
New Year's Eve was last night. We ate out with Justin's family at a remarkable Italian restaurant. Then we came home and relaxed. We went to bed early as we have both been sick and are doing our best to recover from being sick.

22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I fell in love right before 2008 started with Justin, and I fell in love with the house we're trying to buy in 2008!

23. How many one-night stands?
No one-night stands for us! We're married!

24. What was your favorite TV program?
There are so many. For me, I would have to say "The Hills", "Gossip Girl", "One Tree Hill", "Grey's Anatomy", and "Jon & Kate Plus 8."

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I try very hard not to hate people, but no, I don't hate anyone new or now.

26. What was the best book you read?
Twlight was pretty good!

27. What was your best musical discovery?
Hmmm.. I think I would have to say Michelle Featherstone.

28. What did you want and get?
I got married!

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
For me, I would have to say "The Great Debaters."

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I spent my birthday with Justin, and I turned 23.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I'm not sure. 2008 was a very satisfying year!

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
I think I would have to say business casual as I spent so much time working.

34. What kept you sane?
Justin helped to keep me sane, as did my mom.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I am actually quite over celebrities and the world of Hollywood.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Almost everything. I paid attention to politics more than I ever have!

37. Who did you miss?
I missed quite a few people, to be honest. Its strange to be out of college and not see so many of my friends as frequently as I would like.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Oh man, that's difficult. While I didn't meet her in 2008, I would have to say my sister-in-law, Cynda. We got close in 2008, and I am so grateful for that!

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
Learn how to let go of stress. Its very difficult, but its something I really am working on.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
It starts in my toes, and I crinkle my nose. Wherever it goes, I always know that you make me smile, please stay for a while now. Just take your time wherever I go.

No comments: