Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Like A Splash Of Water To My Face


My friend Emily recently tagged my blog as fabulous and provided me with a "your blog is fabulous" award. There is a catch to her compliment, and that catch is that I need to list five fabulous addictions as well as tag five other people as having fabulous blogs.

I can easily compile a list of five fabulous addictions, since I have far too many addictions. It might be difficult to tag five other people, but I will do my best. Who knows if they will see the tag or not.


1. Ugg Sweater Boots
Obviously, Ugg Sweater Boots are something that I find fabulous to wear. Justin does not wear Ugg Sweater Boots, so I am not 100% clear on whether or not he finds them fabulous. To me they are fabulous for many reasons. First, they are warm, and I enjoy almost anything that provides me warmth during the cold winter, especially since I am doing my best to keep the heater off as much as possible. Second, the boots look amazing with dresses and leggings/tights or with jeans, and that alone makes me love Ugg Sweater Boots.

2. Gossip Girl
If you were at our reception on September 13, 2008 and stayed for the toasts, you were able to hear my best friend and roommate from college explain that I have an obsession with television. She also listed several of the shows I am a fan of, such as The Hills, One Tree Hill, Gossip Girl, and Grey's Anatomy. And she informed all of the guests still at our reception that Justin now enjoys watching Gossip Girl. I am sure he appreciated this, and I am sure he appreciates that I am writing this for all of the Internet to read. Dan & Serena, forever!

3. Christmas
I used to love Christmas because I loved getting stuff. To be honest, I still love the idea of getting stuff, though it is much harder for me to think of what I want for the holidays in comparison to the lengthy lists I used to make. This year, Justin and I will be spending our first Christmas together, ever. Obviously it will be our first married Christmas. We have small budgets set for each other, and we are planning on spending more money on adopting a family who would be unable to have Christmas without our help. I may have put the Christmas tree up over a week prior to Thanksgiving, and I may have begun listening to Christmas music a week prior to Thanksgiving. However, it truly began to feel like Christmas when I bean thinking about providing for others.

4. Starbucks
I love Starbucks. I am certifiably obsessed with the way soy milk enhances an already delicious vanilla latte. I love how coffee warms me from the inside out. I love that when Christmas begins to approach Starbucks celebrating by offering even more overpriced Christmas flavored drinks. I just do not love how expensive Starbucks tends to be; if it were cheaper, I might be able to swing purchasing it on a daily basis. As Real Simple, Real Life on TLC pointed out, I could save $100 a month by not purchasing a coffee drink on a daily basis.

5. Marriage
Its odd to put marriage down as an obsession since I was against the idea of marriage for so long, but now that I am married to someone I fully intend to spend the rest of my life with (unless Edward Cullen from Twilight comes to life and realizes he loves Leslie and not Bella), I love marriage. I love falling asleep next to someone each and every night. I love laughing with him on a daily basis. I love cuddling on the couch and watching television. I love making decisions with someone else. I love having someone to cook for, instead of just myself, and I love waiting for the next season of my life with another by my side.

Listening To: Kate Voegle - Only Fooling Myself
Deciding: Whether or not to work out at home this morning or to go to the gym following work.

No comments: